Pelican Bill, the wicker pelican bag!Sold Out
We are beyond delighted to introduce you all to Pelican Bill! Our latest artisan crafted and handmade wicker bag, this time in the shape of a pelican! Pelican Bill is our latest bespoke design, designed by Jasmine in Melbourne, and handmade using traditional weaving techniques by our artisans in the Philippines - Pelican Bill's primary materials are sustainably farmed and harvested rattan, leather, and cotton for the lining.
IMPORTANT ORDER DATES
Pelican Bill the wicker pelican bag is available for preorder from October 24 - please have your orders in by 5pm October 28, AEDT!
We are estimating the arrival of these wicker bags in late May 2022.
UPDATES ON PRODUCTION TURNAROUND AND ARRIVAL SCHEDULE
- Pelican Bill measurements (approximate only!): 36cm head to base, 40cm beak to tail, 61cm circumference.
- Pelican Bill features a very clever built in leather coin purse in the shape of his beak!
- Pelican Bill has leather handles long enough to drape from the elbow, attached by gold hardware/d-rings. He also comes with a detachable crossbody/shoulder strap (adjustable length - up to 132cm long) which can be clipped to any of the four d-rings.
- Bill has a loose linen to take advantage of the internal shape of the bag - large enough to fit a small wallet, a clutch of keys, most smart phones, those three red lipsticks you've always got in your handbag, and that random packet of doodads you know will come in handy one day!
- All pre-ordered handbags will arrive with a hand signed collector card, a bespoke dust bag for storage, and an additional leather coin purse in the shape of a fish! We're particularly proud of this fishy feature as each coin purse will be sustainably crafted from scrap/left over leather supplies on hand at the atelier. Each fish will be entirely unique in appearance.
Our handbags are designed in Australia and lovingly crafted by hand by our weavers in the Philippines. As such, each and every bag will have minor differences, whether it's in the wicker, leather work, or placement of other finishings. These are not faults, but rather a signature of hand craftsmanship from natural materials, and we consider these minor differences to be what makes every bag a unique piece of art. Our professional photographers aim to capture the true colour of our bags, however monitor/screens may display colours differently from the actual product. We aim to share informal photos across our social media which will display how the bags appear in different lighting circumstances.
Due to our bags being made-to-order, upon occasion our ateliers may need to substitute materials used in the sample designs with different materials due to supply shortages. Where this occurs, the ateliers will do their best to find the closest possible substitute, and ensure the overall design remains consistent with the sample.
Need protection for your friend in case of unexpected rain? Just want a cute tote that's designed to fit perfectly in your wicker friend? Why not order our three-pack of Wicker Darling reusable and water-resistant shopping totes! Our reusable shopping totes are in stock and will ship out - free of charge! - within 48 hours of your order!
Worldwide complimentary shipping is offered with all pre-orders, and covers your tracking number and full insurance! Customs and other tariffs are the responsibility of the customer.