1. Do you post internationally?
Yes! If your country isn't listed, please let me know and I'll add it.
2. Do you offer payment plans?
Yes! Simply head to the product listing when pre-orders are open, click on 'payment plans', and fill out the request form. We usually allow a couple of days to complete the form, and then send out invoices at least 24 hours before the pre-order cut off date closes. Please pay attention to all dates listed on the request form - your first payment is due before the pre-order cut off date, and we're unable to accept late payments/orders!
3. Where are your bags made, and what from?
They're handmade by our family-owned ateliers in the Philippines! Our wicker bags are made from sustainable rattan (wicker refers to the method of woven construction, rattan is the material). Rattan is a non-timber and naturally renewable palm which can be sustainably harvested, and as such provides an environmentally friendly alternative to forest logging. Our rattan is harvested by hand, from local farmers and co-ops - minimising carbon footprint while supporting local growers. The cultivation, harvest and use of rattan is invaluable to livelihoods throughout Asia, and fundamental to traditional Filipino craftsmanship.
Bag linings are either linen (sourced from flax), or cotton (sourced from ... cotton).
5. I'm moving house/changing address before my pre-order arrives, what can I do?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which specific bag designs you're waiting on, and your new address! Please make sure you notify us of each specific bag you have ordered, so we can update each of your orders. Due to the number of orders we receive each month, we aren't able to remember each unique order placed or how many bags each customer has on order!
6. How do I stay up to date with when my bag will be sent out?
Please join our mailing list! We email updates on production turnaround and shipping schedules each month, and this is the most reliable way to know if your bag is ahead of, on time, or behind schedule. Updates and schedules are also saved in our Instagram highlight reels.
7. Are your bags vegan friendly?
Not always. If unsure about a particular design, please contact me for more information.
8 . Are you open to collaborations?
If you're genuinely interested in a professional shoot featuring my bags alongside other products, please feel free to get in touch. However, please understand that as my bags are made in limited numbers, I cannot give them away.
If you're a brooch, fabric or other designer and you'd like to collaborate on a design, I'm 110% interested - please get in touch with your ideas!
9. I'm an instagram influencer/blogger, will you send me a freebie in exchange for a shout out?
If you genuinely feel your audience is a good match for my designs, and that we'll both benefit from a collaboration, please feel free to contact me with the following information:
- Your media kit and analytics
- Stats (media accounts, followers, engagement numbers)
- Follower demographics
- Offers/projects (how will you use my product? Videos? Fashion shoot? Stories? How many posts about the product can I expect?)
- Contact details.
However, please understand my bags are handmade in limited quantities, and I don't have product on hand to simply give away to strangers. My priority is always my customer base.
10. I'd love to feature your bags on my blog - would you be willing to provide a promotional code to my readers?
Potentially! Please send through the details listed in question eight, and if we sound like a good match, I'll happily provide an exclusive discount code for your readers. This has the added bonus of allowing us both to see if my products really do appeal to your audience, pathing the way to future collaborations!
Postage & Shipping
Yes, we post worldwide!
Shipping on all pre-orders is free, and includes tracking and insurance in case of loss or damage during transit. Please be aware we have no say in whether Australia Post chooses to pay out insurance.
Free shipping is not available on in-stock items; rates are as displayed, and include tracking and insurance.
Having been in business for approximately eighteen months, we've trialled both pre-orders and in-stock releases, and have polled and discussed both options with our customer base at length.
You - our fabulous would-be customers and existing Wicker Darling family - have overwhelmingly indicated you prefer our pre-order system, outlining the benefits you enjoy from pre-ordering, with the only notable drawback being the turnaround time.
You have indicated you love pre-orders because:
- It levels the playing field when it's time to order. Our international customers don't need to worry you'll miss out on bags because you're asleep or at work when bags are released.
- You don't need to experience the anxiety of sitting at your device for the release time and hoping you won't miss out if the bags rapidly sell out.
- Our pre-order periods - typically two to four weeks long - give you time to consider your budget and your purchase, rather than panic purchasing for fear of missing out. You're far less likely to experience buyer's remorse! This reflects one of our core business intentions: that you love your buying experience with us every time.
- Our pre-orders allow you to pay a deposit to secure your order, and pay the balance later.
- Knowing exactly how many of you want a bag takes the guesswork out for me. This means I can keep my costs low as I don't have unsold stock sitting around.
- It's also better for the environment because again, there's no unsold bags sitting around or likely to end up in landfill!
- Unlike other luxury brands, we don't shred unsold designs to 'maintain scarcity': we're committed to sustainable and ethical production practices wherever possible.
- You're joining an exclusive group of Wicker Darling collectors. As our bags are made to order, every bag is a limited edition. To date, none of our collections have surpassed 75 pieces, and most of our collections have been under 50. Every bag arrives with a hand numbered and signed collector card.
- We believe our bags are investment pieces well worth the waiting period.
Wicker Darling is committed to keeping our customers happy, and while pre-orders continue to work for you, we'll continue to maintain this practice!