Gary the Major MitchellSold Out
We are beyond delighted to introduce you all to Garry the Major Mitchell (mate, call him Gazza)! An icon of Australian fauna, and a glorious and colourful exhibit of Australiana that would make Ken Done proud (we hope!), our beautifully pink and white Major Mitchell cockatoo bag features a resplendent crest of red and yellow, lovely pink leather handles, and obviously pink being an every day neutral will this bag will match seamlessly with everything in your wardrobe!
Our Major Mitchell bag is our latest bespoke design, designed by Jasmine in Melbourne, and handmade using traditional weaving techniques by our artisans in the Philippines. Featuring sustainably farmed and harvested rattan, leather, and linen for his lining.
IMPORTANT ORDER DATES
Gazza is available for preorder from Saturday July 24 - please have your orders in by 5pm Wednesday July 28, AEST!
We are estimating the arrival of these wicker bags in late February 2022.
UPDATES ON PRODUCTION TURNAROUND AND ARRIVAL SCHEDULE
- Gazza is 46cm from tail to beak, 31cm top of head to base, and 53cm around the belly.
- Gazza has pink leather handles long enough to drape from the elbow, attached by gold hardware/d-rings. He also comes with a detachable crossbody/shoulder strap (adjustable length - up to 132cm long) which can be clipped to any of the four d-rings.
- Gazza has a loose linen to take advantage of the internal shape of the bag - large enough to fit your wallet, a clutch of keys, a very large phone, those three red lipsticks you've always got in your handbag, and that random packet of doodads you know will come in handy one day!
- All pre-ordered handbags will arrive with a hand signed collector card, a bespoke dust bag for storage, and a small gift courtesy of another Australian small business/designer.
- VB featured in photography is a prop only. No VB will be included with your orders. Trust us, it's swill, you wouldn't want to drink it.
Our handbags are designed in Australia and lovingly crafted by hand by our weavers in the Philippines, and made from natural materials. As such, each and every bag will have minor differences, whether it's in the wicker, leather work, paint/dye work or placement of other finishings. These are not faults, but rather a signature of hand craftsmanship from natural materials, and we consider these minor differences to be what makes every bag a unique piece of art.
Due to our bags being made-to-order, upon occasion our ateliers may need to substitute materials used in the sample designs with different materials due to supply shortages. Where this occurs, the ateliers will do their best to find the closest possible substitute, and ensure the overall design remains consistent with the sample.
Worldwide complimentary shipping is offered with all pre-orders, and covers your tracking number and full insurance! Customs and other tariffs are the responsibility of the customer.